Call Us: +91-11-23073004, 23073042 | Mail: info@bureaucracytoday.com

PSU MARKET

ONGC finds 120 ft oil in Mariposa well, Colombia

Staff reporter, New Delhi
08/05/2017   0 Comments

The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Videsh has encountered the presence of approximately 120 feet of oil saturated in the Lower Sands Unit-3 of the Une Formation, in its well Mariposa under drilling in CPO-5 block of Colombia –as per the Electric Log analysis.

The well that directionally drilled to a total depth of 11,556 feet on 24 March, 2017 also encountered a good hydrocarbon oil and gas, it said.

The well is currently under conditioning to run and cement a 7 inch production liner in order to initiate the testing program.

The ONGC Videsh is the operator of the CPO-5 block and holds 70 per cent PI and Amerisur Resources holds the remaining 30 per cent, Bureaucracy Today has learnt.
 

WRITE A COMMENT

...
Sign in with
Or procced without registration