We are looking for senior freelance content writers/ experienced journalists/ contributors from across India for our fortnightly news magazine, Bureaucracy Today and portal www.bureaucracytoday.com.
We are looking for content from experienced/ senior journalists on the following beats;
- Stock Market
- Policies/Central government ministries
- Policies/State government ministries
- Diplomacy/ Bilateral ties
- Legal- Judiciary/Government
- Special Investigative Stories
We are after unique content which has not been published and appeared elsewhere and most importantly the content must be useful to our readers in their business and work.
If you think you meet above guidlines then please do send us 5 story ideas and details about yourselves to our deputy editor;
Soma Chakraborty at her email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION 1: Senior Reporters/ Principal Correspondents/ Correspondents
· EXPERIENCE: 8-10 years
We are looking for Senior Reporters/Correspondents/Principal correspondents/ Correspondent to cover the following beats. The selected candidates may expect an excellent hike on their existing salary packages:
2. Policies- Central Government, state governments
3. Stock Market
4. PSUs companies/business
5. Investigative stories
JOB PROFILE: The successful candidate is expected to generate exclusive and original stories relating to above mentioned beats. Besides having nose for news and an excellent English writing skill, the candidates should be able to write probing analysis and pen in-depth features, investigative stories and interviews.
POSITION 2: One Senior Sub-Editor/ 2 Sub-Editors/Copy Editors
· EXPERIENCE: 2-8 years
We are also looking for senior desk professionals.
Key skills required:
Editing, Rewriting, Reporting, Writing research-based features.
POSITION 3: Website/ Web Desk- Correspondents, Copy Writers/SEO writers
EXPERIENCE: 2-8 years
1. DESCRIPTION: The successful applicant is expected to take charge of all aspects of the website www.bureaucracytoday.com and social media output. Daily newsfeed for news portal www.bureaucracytoday.com. The candidates should have very good news sense, English writing and editing skills, and be well versed with using social media. Only those with online experience will be considered. It is primarily a desk job but also involves reporting and filing exclusive stories for the website and print edition. Candidates having knowledge of in-design software will be given preference.
POSITION 4: Advertorial Writers for PSU, Corporate clients (CSR) and Government Clients
· EXPERIENCE: 2-8 years
· An advertorial is a combination of advertisement and editorial. It's a news or human-interest story that sells a product or service.
You will report to the Executive Editor and undertake an array of editorial tasks and news reporting responsibilities for our publications. These will include conducting interviews, writing, editing, Copy editing and proof-reading of content.
· The art of writing a good advertorial is to get the right balance between story and sale
· You should have the ability to know as to what you're selling before you start writing
· You will be expected to find the story that fits the sale
· Ability to easily blend your news content with your sales message